Happy Sunday! This week was a busy one yet I didn’t feel productive at all. The weather has been weird and the increased safety measures for the COVID-19 virus feels surreal and like a dystopian novel. I just got an update that the public library is closed until further notice. Thank goodness for their e-book loans!
Some personal/boring things I did this week:
- saw The Invisible Man
- paid off my student loan!!!
- went to the dentist
I’m hoping for a better week next week although I feel there will be more increased safety measures put in place and my partner and I will have to learn to work from home.
Stay positive! Do yoga! Read a good book! Wash your hands!
- Educated by Tara Westover ★★★★★ (2018, p. 334)
- In An Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire ★★★★.5 (2019, p. 204)
- Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire ★★.5 (2020, p. 206)
- How to Stop Feeling Like Shit by Andrea Owen
Gifted from a Friend
My friend is moving to a new apartment and was going through their bookshelves and deciding what was worth moving. He let me pick out a few he was getting rid of and even surprised me with a few others!
- The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu (2008, p. 416)
- Goth by Otsuichi (2002, p. 295)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa (2002, p. 203)
- Blood Magic by Tessa Grafton (2011, p. 432)
- The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (2002, p. 380)
- The String Diaries by Stephen Lloyd Jones (2013, p. 448)
Borrowed from the Library
- Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire (2020, p. 206)
Didn’t request or get approved for anything this week.
- Weekly Update #20 | 03/01 – 03/07
- Shelf Control #2 | Only Forward
- Friday Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 | #65