Happy Sunday! I had a good week. I got promoted to a new position in my company and started with my new team at the end of the week. We went out for drinks and pizza on Friday and it was nice to build that quick bond. The weather’s been up and down, rainy and snowy. Our apartment is slowly getting patched up after the pipe explosion earlier this year. Can’t wait until it’s all done so we can get our bathroom all situated again.
Looking forward to a new week and new opportunities!
- The Colorado Kid by Stephen King ★★★.5 (2005, p. 178)
- Aphrodite Made Me Do It by Trista Mateer ★★★★★ (2019, p. 224)
- Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire ★★★★ (2017, p. 173)
- The Mermaid’s Voice Returns in this One by Amanda Lovelace ★★ (2019, p. 210)
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang ★★★★ (2018, p. 530)
- The Final Six by Alexandra Monir (2018, p. 352)
Didn’t purchase anything this week!
Borrowed from the Library
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire (2017, p. 187)
- Recursion by Blake Crouch (2019, p. 336)
- Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (2018, p. 163)
- Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice (2018, p. 218)
- Time Was by Ian McDonald (2018, p. 176)
Didn’t request or get approved for anything this week.
- Weekly Update #15 | 01/26 – 02/01
- ARC Review | The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper
- Book Review | Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
- ARC Review | Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
- ARC Review | I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Friday Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 | #60
What book did you enjoy this week? Pick up anything new?