The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. I’ll also be linking to Stacking the Shelves a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
Happy Sunday! What a week it has been. I’ve recovered from my wisdom tooth removal. The only annoying thing was a liquid/mushy diet for a week. Other than that basically no pain.
I had a pipe burst in my bathroom late one night which was a not so fun thing to experience just before going to bed. Long story short, 1940s pipes are not the greatest and now I am having my entire bathroom piping and appliances replaced.
All in all, with everything that happened this week I wouldn’t say it was that bad. Here’s hoping February is a great month!
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso (graphic novel) ★★★ (2018, p. 208)
- Woman World by Aminder Dhaliwal ★★★★★ (2018, p. 259)
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy ★★★ (2006, p. 287)
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston ★★★★.5 (2019, p. 421)
- The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper ★★★ (2020, p. 320)
- Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding ★★★★ (2018, p. 352)
- The Colorado Kid by Stephen King
- Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire
Didn’t purchase anything this week!
Borrowed from the Library
- Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire (2016, p. 173)
- The Colorado Kid by Stephen King (2005, p. 178)
- The Final Six by Alexandra Moir (2018, p. 352)
- The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel (2017, p. 279)
- Aphrodite Made Me Do It by Trista Mateer (2019, p. 224)
- The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper (2020, p. 320)
- Weekly Update #12 | 01/19 – 01/25
- Friday Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 | #59
- Monthly Wrap Up | January 2020
What book did you enjoy this week? Pick up anything new?
- Instagram (@shelvesofspines)
- Twitter (@shelvesofspines)
Oh wow- what a week! Glad the wisdom tooth thing wasn’t too painful. You never know with those! And yikes the pipes too! Hope this week goes better! 🙂
Love the look of Aphrodite Made Me Do It.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Greg! I hope you have a great week ahead too.
I’m excited to start Aphrodite Made Me Do it.
Interesting books to look forward to. I’ve heard good things about Red, White, and Royal Blue.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Becki! I’ve fallen in love with the library this year and I can’t stop checking books out.
I’m glad the removal wasn’t as painful as you feared.
Wishing you a great reading week
So glad to hear the wisdom tooth removal was pretty painless! I was in college and had all four removed in one visit. That did not hurt as much as all the shots of Novocaine – I have a super low pain tolerance and they had to inject each site 6-7 times before I stopped feeling anything. Awful!
Oh my goodness! That does not sound like fun at all. Needles + mouths = the worst. At least you don’t have to do it again!
Pingback: Weekly Update #16 | 02/02 – 02/08 | Shelves of Spines