The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. I’ll also be linking to Stacking the Shelves a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
Happy Sunday! We’re experiencing a record rainfall / freezing rain storm currently. It’s so yuck out. Perfect weather for staying inside, doing chores, and of course – reading.
This week went by in a blur. Work was super busy this week but I felt on top of it and productive. First full week of the year off to a great start.
My goals for 2020 are going pretty well so far. Been putting myself in a no-spend mindset for a bit to 1) save money, 2) not bring useless crap into the apartment. My partner and I are taking part in Dry January and still going strong. We feel healthier and we’re not spending cash on booze!
That’s all I have to say for this week. I am putting out into the void that next week is just as productive, positive and mindful. Have a great week everyone!
- Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia ★★★ (2019, p. 368)
- The Whisper Man by Alex North ★★ (2019, p. 355)
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado ★★★ (2017, p. 248)
- No Exit by Taylor Adams ★★★ (2018, p. 336)
- Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon ★★★.5 (2020 p. 384)
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One by Amanda Lovelace ★★★★ (2018, p. 192)
Average ratings but great reading week! I finished the rest Now Entering Addamsville last Sunday. I picked up The Whisper Man as my first half of the week commute book and No Exit as the latter half. When commuting to the office I love to download the audiobook from Scribd and physically read along. It puts me in another world before having to get into work mode. I want to start incorporating more short story/anthologies like Her Body and Other Parties in my weekly reads as it’s nice to read one a day. If you have any reccomendation please let me know! Lastly, to ensure I am getting through my NetGalley ARCS I am reading 10% a night before going to bed. It’s a nice system so far since I finished Of Curses and Kisses!
- Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche by Haruki Murakami (1997, p. 309)
- The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow (2020, p. 400)
Didn’t purchase anything this week (my wallet thanks me)!
Borrowed from the Library
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in This One by Amanda Lovelace (eBook) (2018, p. 192)
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos (2019, p. 327)
- A Line in the Dark by Malinda Lo (2017, p. 288)
- The Devouring Gray Christine Lynn Herman (2019, p. 368)
- When the Light Went Out by Bridget Morrissey (2019, p. 320)
- Her Pretty Face by Robyn Harding (2018, p. 352)
- You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (2020, p. 352)
So freaking excited I got approved for this one!
- Weekly Update #11 | 12/29 – 01/04
- ARC Review | Jane Anonymous by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- Books I Own & Need to Read in 2020
- ARC Review | Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Friday Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 | #56
What book did you enjoy this week? Any short story / anthology recommendations for me?
- Instagram (@shelvesofspines)
- Twitter (@shelvesofspines)
Wishing you a productive, positive, mindful and reading week!
Thanks Shelley Rae!
Good luck with the saving money goal and Dry January!
Of Curses and Kisses is one I’d like to read at some point. I love the cover and Beauty and The Beast re-tellings. 🙂
It was an interesting tale on Beauty and the Beast! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
I have You Are Not Alone from NetGalley too. it looks really good. Hope you have a great week!
I was so excited to get approved for this one! I hope enjoy it as much as I am so far 🙂
Good luck with your 2020 goals! Mine are going okay so far too. Have a great week!
Thank you! Glad to hear yours are going well too 🙂
I’m glad to read your goals for 2020 are going well so far.
The You Are Nor Alone book looks great.
It’s been great so far! I hope you had a great week 🙂
Pingback: Weekly Update #13 | 01/12 – 01/18 | Shelves of Spines