Happy Sunday! How has everyone’s week gone? Mine felt really long. I’ve been slowly getting back into work after a medical leave and was only able to get through one book from Monday – Friday. I am excited for the Christmas holidays and a week off of priorities. I am also excited for my birthday which is on Christmas Eve 🙂
I am looking forward to our work Christmas party, a friend’s Christmas party, and going home to see my family this weekend for the holiday season.
Anything you’re looking forward to?
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding ★★★
- Pandemic by Yvonne Ventresca ★★★
- An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen ★★★.5
- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith
- Miss Iceland by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
Borrowed from the Library
- The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
I am in the mood for a dystopian novel so I picked up a few at the library and of course a fast mystery thriller. I remember reading The Chrysalids in tenth grade English class years ago and loved it so I wanted to give it another re-read.
Didn’t request or get approved for anything this week!
- Weekly Update #7 | 12/1 – 12/7
- Mini Book Review | Elevation by Stephen King
- Book Review | The Kingfisher Secret by Anonymous
- Friday Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 | #52
Have you read or picked up any good books recently? What are you most looking forward to read/continue reading for the rest of the year?