One With You (Crossfire #5) by Sylvia Day
Published by: St. Martin’s Griffin on April 5th, 2016
Genre: Adult, Erotica, Romance
Synopsis: Gideon Cross. Falling in love with him was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. It happened instantly. Completely. Irrevocably.
Marrying him was a dream come true. Staying married to him is the fight of my life. Love transforms. Ours is both a refuge from the storm and the most violent of tempests. Two damaged souls entwined as one.
We have bared our deepest, ugliest secrets to one another. Gideon is the mirror that reflects all my flaws … and all the beauty I couldn’t see. He has given me everything. Now, I must prove I can be the rock, the shelter for him that he is for me. Together, we could stand against those who work so viciously to come between us.
But our greatest battle may lie within the very vows that give us strength. Committing to love was only the beginning. Fighting for it will either set us free … or break us apart.
What I liked:
- How Gideon grew as a character
- There seemed to be less insanely crazy drama as the last books had
- The dog!
- Hearing both POVs of Gideon and Eva in alternating chapters
- How their relationship evolved from Book 1
- Day’s writing
What I didn’t like:
- Monica’s storyline was confusing and when it was brought up it had me going “What is going on!?”
- I could’ve had more closure with the secondary characters
- I wish the epilogue was a lot farther out that just two weeks later (I really wanted to see kids in the picture)
- Reiteration of things that happened in the past… I’m pretty sure people reading the last novel of the series are aware of what went on
Rating: 4/5 stars!